When is it Time to Add a Second Show to Your Recital? 4 Factors to Help You Decide
There’s nothing more satisfying than the feeling you get when your studio is thriving! When the hallways are buzzing and the classes are full, you feel such pride in having grown your business to a successful place. But it’s not all sunshine and daisies, of course. Success can also mean growing pains in every facet of your business—especially at recital time.
As your studio gains families and dancers, you will inevitably need to decide how to present your recital in the best way possible, which may mean adding shows as you grow. The single 90-minute performance that worked well five years ago might no longer be a reasonable option if you’ve doubled your student count since then. While there’s no magic enrollment number that equals two shows (or three or four!) there are certain factors you can consider in your planning process.
If you are at the tipping point, keep reading to learn about the four factors to consider when deciding whether to add a second show for your recital:
Are you looking for some more recital tips and ideas? Check out these other articles and resources from Misty:
- Dance Recital Ideas: 7 Ways to Produce a Dance Recital that Pays
- Backstage Management Tools for Dance Recitals
- Tips for a Backstage Bravo!
- Dance Recital Tips: 6 Ideas for Planning a Great Show
- Profitable Recital Costumes Start Now
- Making the Most of Your Studio Dance Recital
- Don’t Miss Promotional Opportunities at Your Recital!
The “Expert Advice from Misty Lown” series is brought to you by More Than Just Great Dancing™ and TutuTix.