Dance Studio Software Reviews: 2018
For the fourth year in a row, we are excited to present the survey results collected from our annual dance studio software reviews survey. We asked thousands of dance studio owners to answer questions about their dance studio management software. We’ve continued to see some recurring trends about how studio owners choose their dance studio software, how they utilize it, and what they like and dislike about it.
If you’ve considered investing in software to help you manage your studio, this data will definitely be eye-opening.
- The percentage of studio owners that are using dance studio management software continues to rise, from 67% in 2014 to 82.2% in 2018.
- Studio owners overwhelmingly choose software based on its ability to meet their needs; referrals from friends and associates also carry significant influence in the purchase decision.
- Jackrabbit and Studio Director continue to dominate market share with a combined 65% , but this has decreased from 2017, when they held 74% of the market.
- The features most important to studio owners continue to be billing and payment processing, email and text communication, and class management. Following the 2017 trend, however, online registration continues to increase in popularity.
- For the first time since the survey inception, overall customer satisfaction dipped, from a 2017 high of 84%, to 79% in 2018.
Read the In-Depth Report on Dance Studio Software Reviews
See the full summary of the survey results here!
Check out previous editions our dance studio management software survey results and dance studio software reviews here:
- 2017 Dance Studio Management Software Survey Results
- 2016 Dance Studio Management Software Survey Results
- 2015 Dance Studio Management Software Survey Results
Interested in more articles about dance studio management? Check out these articles from the TutuTix archive:
- 3 Best Practices For Coaching Your Dance Studio Staff
- Dance Studio Teacher Staff Meetings That ROCK
- Dance Staff Management Guide: Part 1
- Dance Studio Employee Handbook: Part 2 of the Dance Staff Management Guide
- Dance Teacher Evaluations and Replacing a Dance Teacher: Part 3 of the Dance Staff Management Guide
- Dance Teacher Salaries: How Much Should You Pay Dance Staff?