Downloading and Using the TutuTix Scanner App
TutuTix clients have a free, easy to use smartphone option for scanning bar coded tickets for their events. If you have an iPhone, iTouch or Android phone, our free TutuTix iOS scanner app can be downloaded from the Apple App or Google Play Store. This video walks you through how to download the scanner app from the App Store, and gives you a quick tutorial of the menu options.
- Pre-load the ticket data by hitting the SETTINGS button at the bottom of the app, then selecting your events. Your events will show up there two weeks in advance of the first event date.
- Make sure the devices are fully charged prior to scanning.
- Prior to scanning, double Tap the “home” button on your iOS device to see which other apps are running, and close all of them. This will preserve battery life.
- Choose a location that is well lit to scan tickets; this will prevent you from having to use the flash on the device.
- Consider having a table set up to lay the tickets on for scanning (like they do in the airports). This will be a bit quicker.
- Have at least one back up device.
If you do not have one of these devices, we lease iTouches that have our scanner app downloaded to use at your event. We can send the scanner(s) with your unsold tickets before your event and then you return them after your event.
Editor’s note: this blog post has been updated to include information about the TutuTix Android app.