I Need Help! (Part Two) – 5 Tools to Implement for Business Growth
Business growth: it’s something every studio owner desires!
Whether it’s more students, more staff members, more space, more financial freedom, or more time at home, at some point or another, we all want MORE for our studios.
Growth can be great! It means your business is healthy, and healthy things grow! But business growth usually doesn’t come without a few growing pains. As your studio expands to accommodate more people or more space, or as you step out to spend more time at home, you’ll probably notice that some of your existing systems don’t work as well anymore. I often tell the dance studio owners that I coach, “Every time something your business doubles, all of your systems break.”
If you are in a position where you are seeing your numbers rise and your systems aren’t quite keeping up, take advantage of this opportunity to make some key updates in the way you organize and communicate before the new year starts. Keeping up with your studio’s growth—and then staying ahead of it—will allow you to maintain its health. Don’t ignore the warning signs that you need to make improvements. Warning signs might include things like customer confusion or dropping balls on details and follow up.
If these types of things are happening to you, it’s probably time to dig in to some new resources that will help improve your systems!
Keep reading to learn about my 5 Tools to Implement for Business Growth.
Looking for more dance studio staff insights? Check out these other articles and resources:
- Dance Staff Management Guide: Part One
- Dance Studio Employee Handbook: Part 2 of the Dance Staff Management Guide
- I Need Help! (Part One) – Hiring Additional Studio Staff
- Should I Step Back From Teaching to Focus on Studio Business?
- The Dance Studio Front Desk: The Front Line to Your Business
- Dance Teacher Salaries: How Much Should You Pay Dance Staff?
- Why You Should Develop Good Habits in Dance (and in Life)!
- Dance Studio Business Plan: See A Real Example
The “Expert Advice from Misty Lown” series is brought to you by More Than Just Great Dancing™ and TutuTix.