The Digital Dilemma in Dance Studios: Purposeful Boundaries & Opportunities for Engagement
With increased consumer engagement rapidly expanding in the digital sphere, how do we create purposeful boundaries and opportunities for engagement in our dance studios? The line between the personal and professional can often be blurry in this sphere, and it’s caused a serious digital dilemma. If we embrace the strategic potential of the platform versus resisting change, it can result in exciting and meaningful growth for our businesses.
THE DIGITAL DILEMMA:
The ability for us to “be connected” all the time is certainly a recognized dilemma in our society. While it is amazing to have the ability to remotely check-in, it is also putting a strain on our mental health and emotional well-being. Purposeful boundaries are necessary in order for us to continue thriving in our businesses, our creativity, and our personal lives.
In the New Year, try the following:
- Schedule Phone-Free Times Each Day
- Schedule Email Checkpoints to Refrain from Constantly Refreshing Your Device
- Make Your Time Spent Online Intentional: Try to Refrain from Mindless Scrolling.
- Set Boundaries (and Enforce Them) re: Social Media Engagement. Business Questions should be handled via email or through the office.
- Make Sure You Maintain and Enjoy Non-Digital Activities
- Keep Dance Classes a Digital Distraction-Free Space (for students + instructors)
THE DIGITAL STRATEGY:
Want to continue the conversation? Join us on Instagram Live at @stagedoordanceproductions on Thursday, January 30th at 1pm (EST) for digital tips and techniques that have worked for us!
Looking for more great ideas to navigate the Digital Dilemma at your studio? Check out the following articles:
- What Should Your Dance Studio Policies Be?
- 5 Crucial Elements for a Dance Studio Website
- Dance Studio Policies: Should You Have a Social Media Policy?
The Dance Exec Returns: “Expert Advice from Chasta Hamilton” series is brought to you by Stage Door Dance Productions and TutuTix.